We are all well aware of priorities and the role they play in our lives. Priorities give us a sense of purpose and with them, we know what is really important and where we should be devoting our time and focus.
How to prioritize your life
When you prioritize the factors that make up your life, you essentially ask yourself, “What’s really important to me?”
There are so many things going on in life that we sometimes have to shut out everything and pay attention to what matters the most. Here is a method with steps to prioritize your life:
- The first step is to sit down and rank the different areas in life – Family, wealth, friends, organization, health, community, power, etc.
- When you know what is really important to you, spend your energy on determining why they are important to you.
- Once you’ve done that, you’ll be able to spend your energy on things depending on where you want to invest your time rather than running after things, which actually do not really matter to you.
Strike a balance
- We try to achieve excellence in all areas of our lives – we want success at work and advancement in our careers. We want to give our families the time and attention they deserve, and we want to provide the very best for them.
- However, after a while, it becomes obvious that perfection is nearly impossible to attain in all aspects of our lives. Being unable to balance everything the way we want can lead to stress in our lives, which can lead to frustration and burnout.
- Sometimes, it is also important to let go. Strike a balance between what you really need and the less important things that you can do away with.
- Remember, when you stop and think, ‘Am I putting myself first?’ it is okay to be a little selfish because your happiness affects the happiness of those around you too.
Be honest with yourself
- Unless you don’t get your priorities right, you can never achieve what you are looking for. One way to make sure of your honesty with yourself is by writing down what you think of all your priorities.
Be happy and stop struggling with yourself. Don’t make life more complicated than it already is. You do not have to be miserable all the time and every problem has a solution, it is only a matter of how and when you find those solutions. Happiness is just around the corner.
— Written by Roma Fernandes